Web search services always improve its ranking engine, but keep it private. Still, SEO specialists of entire world reveal these engines experimentally or pick out of the services representative's speech. TODAY read more about Google Textual Factors of Ranking in the RMAA Group blog.
It is commonly known that Google has more than 200 signals of web ranking in terms of organic results. This includes variety of different factors:
- Factors related to domain: its number of years, history, domain's keywords etc.;
- Factors of site's level: site architecture, having site map, domain's "trust", number of pages, frequency of updates, site's reputation on specialized services etc;
- Backlinks factors: everything related to your site links, its number and different characteristics of referred sites;
- Factors of users site experience: Click-through-ratio (CTR), direct and repeated routed traffic, bookmark site, site visiting time etc.;
- Special rules of ranking algorithm: history of users' browsers, users' search history, geographical preferences, relevancy and variety of requests etc.;
- Social signals: number of likes and re-posts in different social networking sites;
- Brand's signals: brand-named anchors, popular brand online accounts in social networks, brand mention on news sites etc.;
- Spam factors of site;
- Spam factors out of site;
- Factors related to site optimization: all related to use of keywords, pictures' optimization, speed of web page upload in CHROME, path and length of URL, priority of page in sitemap etc. In addition, this includes textual factors of ranking, which are to be discussed today.
We have to say there is no those ranking factors, which are famously known: use of keywords, frequency of keywords, content unicity, grammatical correctness and other textual factors, which are known by any SEO specialist. Today we will discuss about methods of keeping content freshness, content quality upgrading and appropriate text size.
It is well known that Google likes fresh content, and ranks new before old pages. That is why it is better to actualize the content: to correct heading, to correct 1st paragraph, to finish writing of a new paragraph, to insert a new hyperlink etc.
Besides you can use tags attributed Published and Modified in page meta description. For example to type in article: modified:
- Updating of textual description;
- Adding of a new comment;
- Every new click by gear, ranking;
- Price updating;
- Other dynamic metrics.
This is how date and time of changes will be updated on the page by change of all these factors.
Today there is no need to overdo keywords, using it a lot during the text. Today Google got learnt semantics and prefers to use theme-related phrases. Synonyms, cognate words, varieties - all of it is suitable more than concentration of keyword.
It is known that Google has patented technology of inter-words and phrases spacing measure in different page's HTML elements. The closer the words semantically, the closer the short items related to each other. The phrases stated in one sentence are closer semantically than the word groups separated by several text paragraphs.
How to improve content quality:
- To decrease keyword's concentration;
- To weaken keywords by synonyms, varieties, cognate words;
- To liquidate old links leading to the pages which do not exist;
- To add pictures to improve article quality.
According to speech of Google leading analytic, John Mueller: Based on practice of Web-search, there is no limit to the number of words on your pages. Besides, there is variety of arguments to make content to be not short:
- The big article collects many key-phrases. But as 70% of requests include more than 3 words, do not hesitate to write a lot to cover a topic for several screens' size;
- By Google opinion the long text requires hard work on it, it means the text gets more value;
- Users like and share exactly long articles more often;
- By Search metrics data, content of diapason 1140-1285 words was shown before other pages in Google results. Moreover, this is 902 words greater than survey results in 2014. It means that there is a tendency to show pages with the full theme scope.
Textual factors of ranking are quite variable: this is grammar correctness, and all what relates to keywords, the updates frequency, the size etc. Today we have discussed the recent famous trends: Google requirements to freshness of content, quality content and appropriate size of text. Specialists of RMAA Group will find the best way for you to optimize your site by Google requirements.