Share this Post
Three months ago Instagram announced the launch of business profiles and detailed analytics for marketers. On August, 15 they were officially released in Russia and other EMEA countries. Read RMAA Group blog to learn what tools have become available in Instagram and the opportunities they offer to marketers.
Instagram, a popular social network, was launched in 2010 and in recent years has become ingrained in lives of new generation citizens of large cities throughout the world. Over the past 6 years the audience has exceeded 500 million users, 300 million of which use the service daily. Such reach can not but catch the interest of the advertisers amounting currently 200 thousand in Instagram in total.
After August, 15 the new tools have become available on Instagram. First of all, these are business profiles which allow to inform users of the company’s official account. At this, in the business profile users can contact account holders quickly and directly via e-mail, text message or phone call. As well, the profile will contain the company’s address and details about the line or nature in which a company operates.
Another essential innovation is the access to Insights, a new analytics tool that can give data about the community in the visual format. In particular, the analytics gives access to the following data:
• Total reach and impressions on all posts within the last 7 days. To see how many followers you have during this period, you have to swipe left on impressions.
• Top posts. To view these posts, click See More. The posts are sorted by the total number of impressions. To change post filtering and sorting, click on blue text above
• Sorting the posts by number of impressions, likes, video views, reach, engagements and comments.
• Information on followers by gender, age and location as well as their active days and hours when they visit Instagram. To get access to this section the company shall have at least 100 followers.
To shift to the statistics, you need to:
• Create your company’s profile on Instagram and open it. From the valid account you can switch to the business page through settings.
• Click on the icon with four bars in the right upper corner.;
• The statistics starts accumulating after the setting of the company’s profile.
Also within the year Promote function will be available in Russia which gives the possibility to promote popular posts from your profile as an ad in user feeds. Pick a post and after select your target audience or allow Instagram to suggest targeting for you. After that, your post will be promoted as an ad for any length of time you choose.
Amy Cole, Head of Instagram brand development in EMEA region, stated that small business had been a key part of the Instagram community since the start. And that’s why it’s not surprising that this day it makes up the majority of the 200,000 businesses that advertise on the platform. Amy Cole expressed confidence that together Business Tools it will be even easier for small businesses to get insights, connect with new customers and promote their favorite posts straight from a mobile device.
According to the information posted in Instagram official blog the new tools will be rolling out in the US, Australia and New Zealand in the coming months, and will be available in all regions globally by the end of the year.
The new tools will for certain allow to use more freely Instagram as a platform for ads and promotion. RMAA Group specialists will tell you how to set up new analytics tools and consult you how to utilize Instagram in the most efficient way for promotion of your brand in Russia.
Ready to partner with the specialists in Russian marketing and advertising?
About the Author
Ksenia Kuznetsova is the Editor of the Blog about Successful Marketing Strategies in Russia. She has been working at RMAA Group as a Assistent of Client Service Director since 2015. Ksenia has experience in planning and carrying out of advertising campaigns for foreign companies in Russia.