Share this Post
In comparison with b2c segment, promotion in b2b segment requires a greater personalization, customer-oriented approach and a closer contact with the client. Therefore database of the required sector or market segment is the necessary component of success. However, collection of data on industry companies is quite diligent and time-consuming challenge to accomplish if you start from scratch. Overview of the most efficient ways to collect database for promotion in b2b segment - read in the blog of RMAA Group.
The easiest way to get the necessary base of companies is to buy a ready-made base. However, ready-made bases often suffer from incomplete information, low level of data actuality or irregularity of the provided data. Therefore, a ready-made base generally requires to be updated and hygienized. Moreover, a ready-made database may contain large amount of information that will not be useful for your tasks and, at the same time, it’ll lack the information you need. RMAA Group specialists are ready to help you create database as well as update and optimize it for your needs.
If you decide to collect database on your own, you should get ready for a serious work with large volume of information. The basic parameters to be taken into account by any base are specialization of an enterprise and its geolocation. Depending on your needs, the database may contain different data about companies. Typically, it would be country, region, company name, company information (founder, size, economic indicators), contact details of the enterprise, as well as information of the contact person you are looking for in this company: name, position, e-mail.
However, there is no point to load up the database with as much information as possible. Think about who your client is and what kind of data is particularly necessary for you. If you build a database of all Russian enterprises in some industry - perhaps you do not need to specify the region. Or maybe some data will serve as a filter for organization to be added to the database: for example, you need a company with a workforce of 1,000 people or with a certain turnover.
In order to compile information on enterprises one should pay attention to the following sources of information:
1. Online and offline directories. Online directories usually contain more relevant information, but they may be incomplete. Offline directories, printed on paper, on the other hand, are usually made more carefully, but quickly become obsolete.
2. Website of companies and their groups in social networks. This way you can always find the latest contact information, but many small enterprises do not have any representation in the Internet: small hairdressings, dentist’s places, small shops. Moreover, this method of data collection will turn out to be very long.
3. Use of online maps, such as Yandex maps or 2gis. Mapmakers always take care of information on their maps to ensure its completeness and relevance. Here you can always find information on object location and contact phone. This method is particularly well suited for collecting primary information about small businesses in a particular city. In case of a more global challenge, a good way out could be to use the "parser" - a special program to collect data you need. However, it should be remembered that these programs are created to suit individual needs, and it will cost you additional money.
4. Use of open data of government agencies.
Thus, the Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federation regularly puts online data on census of enterprises and useful statistical information. The website of the Uniform federal register of information provides information on legal entities.
Once you have a list of all enterprises and firms that you need, next issue is to collect contact details of the company’ specialists you are interested in. Sometimes contact details are available on company's website. Also you can request or clarify contact details of the required person by the phone. In order to collect contacts, you may also use information from industry conferences, especially if the required person acts as an organizer or a speaker.
Organizations do not always willingly share contact information of those individuals you are interested in. Therefore, in order to obtain contact e-mails, it would be reasonable to arrange some event or free workshop where all participates should provide you with their contact details. Other option for you is to introduce yourself as a representative of a magazine offering free subscription.
If you know the name of the person you need, but you need to know the e-mail as well, then there are a number of ways how proceed:
1) Choose an e-mail to match a template of e-mail addresses of his colleagues. If his colleagues use the e-mail template such as [email protected], than knowing the last name of the person you need, you’ll get the required address.
2) If the required person is the owner of the company’s site, then you can review the registration information of the site through Whois.
3) Generate possible options of e-mail addresses of the required person with the help of one of the services: Email Address Guesser, Email Generator, Name2Email.
4) E-mail search services on sites: VoilaNorbert, Email Hunter, FindAnyEmail, AnyMailFinder, Datanyze.
5) E-mail verification services to check the authenticity: Rapportive, MailTester, EmailSherlock, Vibe.
A well-built database is a success catalyst for successful product presentation. Recommendations on database compilation given by different experts may differ significantly. It is worth remembering that, first of all, the base should meet the purposes to be used for. RMAA Group specialists are ready to assist in preparation and updating a database, as well as optimize the database for your needs.
Follow us in social media!
Ready to partner with the specialists in Russian marketing and advertising?
About the Author
Ksenia Kuznetsova is the Editor of the Blog about Successful Marketing Strategies in Russia. She has been working at RMAA Group as a Assistent of Client Service Director since 2015. Ksenia has experience in planning and carrying out of advertising campaigns for foreign companies in Russia.
Get our latest articles delivered to your email inbox and get our exclusive White Paper "How to sell to Russian large companies?" for FREE!